Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it true that chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying?

     I have never heard it said that chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying, but I saw it among a list of did-you-know?s and found it intriguing.  It is most likely because I cannot formulate a single reason why it would work, but it seems to be one of the most random untrue statements someone could come up with for a list like that.  So is it true, or does chewing gum while peeling onions not keep your eyes from watering?

     For those people you on a regular basis will cry when peeling onions, I would like to pose this question to you.  I want to see what you think from both your experiences before every trying chewing gum at the same time as well as during the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment